The September meeting of the Vilas Neighborhood Association will be held this Wednesday, September 25, at 7:00pm, at HotelRED.
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes
· Special thanks to HotelRED for making the meeting room available for our use this evening.
o A reminder that our neighborhood web site is at www.vilasneighborhood.com.
o Email address for the VNA – firstname.lastname@example.org.
o The Vilas Ink newsletters are now being posted on the web site at https://www.vilasneighborhood.com/vilasink
· Home History Project, with DMNA. – Doug Carlson
1. Pizza Extreme – Class B liquor license application update – Lea Jacobs, VNA Zoning Chair
2. Northern Vilas alcohol concerns – general discussion
3. Treasurer’s report – Pat Scheckel
4. Social report - Lee Lazar
· VNA Halloween Party
5. Nominating Committee – Lee Lazar (with Gera Bodley, Mary Clare Murphy, and Eileen Thompson)
· Update from committee for VNA’s November 20th election plans
· Nominations and timing
· Election and election operations
· Annual meeting notice
6. VNA Directory & Block Captains – Roz Woodward & Sarah Bahauddin
· 2020 membership drive
7. Vilas Ink newsletter – Pat Scheckel
8. Joint Campus Area Committee (JCAC) report – Liaison - Doug Carlson
9. VNA Zoning Committee report. – Lea Jacobs
10. Vilas retail news and updates
11. Vilas Park Master Planning
· Wendy Fearnside, Julia Kerr, Jim Lorman are representing VNA. A more thorough update and discussion planned for October’s VNA meeting.
12. Edgewood Liaison committee report – (Liaisons - Jon Standridge and Sarah Bahauddin)
· Liaison meeting report – Sarah, Jon
· EHS athletic field updates
o EHS and City of Madison are now engaged in a lawsuit.
o Changes to UI Zoning
o Repeal of Edgewood Master Plan
o Collaborative Working Group’s work has been suspended. It is unclear when, or if, this work will resume.