Wednesday, May 22nd, 7pm. HotelRED.
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes
· Special thanks to HotelRED for making the meeting room available for our use this evening.
o A reminder that our neighborhood web site is at www.vilasneighborhood.com.
o Email address for the VNA – email@example.com.
o The Vilas Ink newsletters are now being posted on the web site at https://www.vilasneighborhood.com/vilasink
1. Leaves/Gutters Project intro (tentative) – Grace Ruetten
2. Treasurer’s report – Pat Scheckel
3. Social report - Lee Lazar
· Block Party updates
4. VNA Directory & Block Captains – Roz Woodward
5. Status of Vilas Ink newsletter – Pat Scheckel
· Update on summer 2019 issue
6. Web site status – Chris Kelly
· Bios needed from council members: Ben
7. Joint Campus Area Committee (JCAC) report – Liaison - Doug Carlson
8. VNA Zoning Committee. – Lea Jacobs
· Discussion of Lea’s final charge document
· Vote to establish VNA Zoning Committee as a new standing committee under the VNA Charter
· Vote to appoint Lea Jacobs as Chair. Discussion of additional members.
9. Edgewood Liaison committee report – (Liaisons - Jon Standridge and Sarah Bahauddin)
· Collaborative Working Group (Sarah, Jon, Chris, Craig) – overview, updates, discussion
· Please note that the CWG’s work is publicly available for review here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AD0LWCiJvanyk8A&id=597512B1BC4A50E1%21226737&cid=597512B1BC4A50E1
10. Vilas retail updates
· 1403 Regent Street Updates. Liquor license was approved by the Common Council for the sale of beer, cider, and wine only. No hard liquor. Special thanks to Ald. Tag Evers and Ben Biltz for their work on this following our April meeting.
· Garth’s. Pending application for a class B license for beer and wine only. 1722 Monroe St. (DMNA)
11. Development update.
· Any other development news?
12. Vacancy – Per Article 5, Section 8 of the VNA Bylaws, the Nominating Chair may present a replacement – with concurrence from at least 5 remaining VNA council reps - to hold the seat for a few months, through the end of Wes’ term this fall. The Council will discuss at April meeting whether to fill this position or leave it vacant until elections in November. If the Council opts to fill it, the vote may occur at this meeting.