**Next meeting will be on September 26th at Hotel RED at 7pm**
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes
- The new alder is Allen Arntsen
- There were some questions about AirBnB regulations and when you can/cannot rent your home. You can refer to the city regulations using this link: Short-Term Rentals | Mayor's Office, City of Madison, Wisconsin
- Treasurer’s report – Pat Scheckel
- No update
- Edgewood Liaison Committee - Doug Poland
- There are 3 pieces of construction currently in the works at EHS - the new Performing Arts Center which you can see taking place on the east side of the building; an elevator is being installed in the back of the building to get up to code; a new commons/main school entrance will be the next.
- Proposed athletic complex - this expansion has resurfaced. Finding access to fields for the football team to play their home varsity football games is becoming more and more difficult and quite expensive. The school's agreement with Middleton has expired and no longer a good option. The team is playing on 4-5 different fields this year for home games.
- The school announced their plans to move forward with an amendment to the master plan at a meeting on August 13th. This amendment includes installing lights and sound at the field.
- Doug Poland is putting together a summary of the process EHS needs to follow to get this amendment approved and will be emailing that out to the list serve.
- Mike Elliott, president of EHS, is planning on being at our next board meeting to present the plan and field questions. There will be another neighborhood meeting (date/time TBD) as part of the amendment process.
- Social report
- The Badger football tailgate will take place on Friday, 8/31 for the game against W. Kentucky. It will take place in the Lazar's backyard - 1906 Vilas Ave - from 5:30-8:00pm.
- Food and beverages will be served. Guests are welcome to bring something to share.
- Flyers being distributed this week/weekend.
- Block Captains
- *****We are still looking for some Block Captains. Please refer to the map on the "Block Captains" page. The blocks that are highlighted still need a captain! If you would be willing to help out, please contact us!
- Responsibilities of a block captain include collecting dues, disseminating information, distributing flyers as needed, and creating a greater sense of community. Please contact the board if you are interested in representing your block!
5. Joint Campus Area Committee - no update
6. Monroe street construction - no update
- The VNA Board election process will need to begin next month for 2019.