Wednesday May 23, 2018
7:00 PM - HotelRED
***NEXT MEETING WILL BE WEDNESDAY, 6/27 @ 7PM***
Term Ending - fall 2018
Dr. Samip Kothari - President (absent)
Pat Scheckel - Treasurer
Doug Carlson (absent)
Ben Blitz (absent)
Term Ending - fall 2019
Westley Spitznagle (absent)
Karie Krantz - Secretary
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes
- We are very excited to announce that the Vilas neighborhood website is up!!!! This is a basic website for informational purposes that we will continue to update. You can find upcoming meeting dates and meeting minutes there moving forward. A big thanks to Chris Kelly for all of his hard work in putting this together. We welcome any constructive feedback. Please visit at Home.
1. Treasurer's Report - Pat Scheckel
- There is $1500 in the account. There has been a steady stream of dues coming in since the newsletter went out.
2. Property at 815 Oakland St
- There has been no formal submittal or any new updates on this property.
3. Vilas Survey
- The survey is forthcoming; Doug - please proceed with getting this out.
4. Social Report
- Block Party will be June 9th on the 1900 block of Jefferson
- Details are coming together but volunteers are needed if you'd like to help. We are specifically looking for people to donate the use of their grills, tables, & coolers. Please remember to bring a dish to pass.
5. VNA Directory - will follow once block captains have been secured.
6. Block Captains - working on a flyer and website signup
- Looking for volunteers - basic responsibilities will include collecting resident info for the VNA directory, collecting/reminding about dues, and occasional flyer distribution
7. Joint West and Joint Southeast Campus - no update
8. Edgewood Liaison Committee - no update
9. Monroe St Construction
- Encouraging neighborhood to support all Monroe St businesses
- The Farmer's Market at EHS is open every Sunday...please support!
10. Development Update
- Associated Bank demolition has begun
- Website is up!!