**Next meeting will be on July 25th at Hotel RED at 7pm**
Term Ending - fall 2018
Dr. Samip Kothari - President
Pat Scheckel - Treasurer (absent)
Term Ending - fall 2019
Chris Kelly (absent)
Westley Spitznagle (absent)
Karie Krantz - Secretary
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes
- Treasurer’s report – Pat Scheckel
- No update (Pat was not present)
- 815 Oakland
- No update (owner was not present)
- Vilas Survey
- Please take a few minutes to fill out the neighborhood survey if you have not done so already. We would like one survey per household: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4331489/Vilas-2018. Hard copies can also be found at the library (mailing/drop-off instructions are on the survey).
- We are gathering data to create a baseline for future use....trying to understand VNA trends, opinions, geographical zoning differences, etc.
- Social report - Plans for fourth of July and football tailgate
- 4th of July bike parade will take place at 11am on the 4th....Please meet at the corner of Harrison/Adams all decked out in your red, white and blue!! A fire truck escort has been requested but there are no guarantees.
- The Badger football tailgate will take place on Friday, 8/31 for the game against W. Kentucky. It is an 8pm game so we will have an early evening tailgate. Stay tuned for the location.
- Possible World Cup Finals viewing party in the works at Hotel RED....stay tuned.
- VNA Directory – no update
- Block Captains – no update
- Joint West and Joint Southeast Campus – this is now called the Joint Campus Area Committee. No update.
- Edgewood Liaison committee – (Liaisons - Jon Standridge and Doug Poland)
- Stadium plan - nothing moving forward at this time
- Performing Arts Center construction has begun on the east side of the building. We may see some overflow parking from construction workers as project progresses and once school is back in session.
- Monroe street construction
- There has been some concern over pedestrian safety and equipment operators (not always a spotter present, for example). Please contact James Wolf (Speedway) and Alder Eskrich with any concerns.
- Development update.
- There is a Freshii opening in the new Associated Bank building in August
- Please remember to check the NEW Vilas Neighborhood website for neighborhood information (and please spread the word): Home
- If you or a neighbor is having trouble finding or joining the VNA ListServ, please do the following:
- Go to yahoogroups..com
- Search "Vilas Neighborhood"
- Click on "VilasNA"
- Click "Join Group"