As of January 1, 2019, we are finalizing our neighborhood Block Captains. There are still a few blocks that need captains. Referring to the map below, captains are needed for blocks B, K, H, L, N, P, U, V, X, 4, and 8. If interested, please contact Rosalind Woodward at email@example.com.
Scroll down for the current Vilas Block Captain Directory to find your block’s contact person.
Vilas NEIGHBORHOOD blocks
block captain duties
· To distribute flyers for neighborhood events.
· To be a “resource person” and liaison to the Board and the neighborhood block.
· Occasionally the neighborhood directory is updated (there is one in the works now). Phone numbers, addresses and emails might need to be checked. To have someone familiar with a block would be helpful to the VNA Board.
· To alert neighbors and disseminate information from the Board to the neighborhood in a more inclusive way. At the moment it is “hit or miss”. Not everyone attends Neighborhood meetings, or uses the Yahoo Group or Next Door web sites.
· Welcome packages are now available to inform others of the presence of the Neighborhood Association and can be given to new residents.
· Madison Police Dept. has an initiative called the “Good Neighbor Project”. Data shows crime prevention is most successful when people know who their neighbors are, foster open communication and contact. Block captains can facilitate these connections as needed. For more information http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/safety/crimeprevention/
Block captain directory
Thank you to our Vilas Block Captains as of: March 2019
The letter or number in the directory refers to the block map above.
A Perez-Meyer Paola & Ezra (608) 843-3972 firstname.lastname@example.org
C Susan Wolf 1921 Madison (608) 255-1028 email@example.com
D Pete Schofer 813 Grant Street
E Mary Ellen Schmidt 1724 Madison (608) 257-1280 firstname.lastname@example.org
F Tess Mulrooney 1628 Madison (608) 257-5595 email@example.com
G Richard Scott 811 Oakland (608) 258-1728 firstname.lastname@example.org
I Harry Harrison & Jesse Lindner 1904 Jefferson St (608) 334-9925 email@example.com
J Susan Woolf 1921 Madison (608) 255 -1028 firstname.lastname@example.org
O Rochelle Engel 2114 Adams (608) 256-9424 email@example.com
P Mary Clare Murphy 1910 Jefferson (608) 235-4281 firstname.lastname@example.org
Q Mary Jo Tierney 1010 Harrison (608) 220-2357 email@example.com
R Samip Kothari 1816 Adams (608) 347-1776 firstname.lastname@example.org
S Lee Meissen & family 1001 Grant (608) 354-9749 email@example.com
T Tom Zinnen 1636 Adams (571) 294-5689 firstname.lastname@example.org
V Nancy and Pete Daly 1112 Lincoln St (608) 251-6531 email@example.com
W Jule Stroick 2015 Adams Street firstname.lastname@example.org
Y Brad Ricker 1815 Adams St (608) 960-2294 email@example.com
Z Ann Spurgeon 1104 Garfield (608) 251-3837 firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Rosalind Woodward 1443 Mound St (608) 251-1074 email@example.com
3 Peter Callies 1414 Chandler, (608) 333-9403 or Amy (608) 251-7263
5 Eileen Thompson 311 Campbell (608) 256-4504 firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Barb Sanford 1211 Garfield (608) 255-1508 email@example.com
7 Katherine Odell 1415 Vilas Ave (608) 257-2655 firstname.lastname@example.org
9 Barb Sanford 1211 Garfield (608) 255-1508 email@example.com